About Pitch for the Purse
You might need $1M to grow your business, or $150,000. What matters is that you want to grow your business, and need help to craft your pitch. That’s where we come in. FWE has designed Pitch for the Purse to address a key concern facing women entrepreneurs…access to capital. The program is divided into four sections designed to educate and mentor every step of the way: Pitch Training, Semi-Finals, Mentorship + Pitch Finale. FWE is excited to bring Pitch for the Purse back following an incredibly successful debut year. This program is open to women entrepreneurs in Canada. Applications now open!
Succeed. We Dare You.
September 25, 2017
Application includes free registration to an Educational webinar with Mike Volker: How to Pitch for Investment
October 23, 2017
November 2, 2017
Our Semi-Finalists have been announced! Meet them here
November 30, 2017
8:00 - 11:30am PST
Ten Semi-Finalists will be selected to present their 5-minute pitches live in front of a panel of three judges and an audience at the Semi-Finals breakfast. Semi-Finalists will receive 1:1 coaching in the weeks prior to taking the stage. Three Finalists will be announced live by the panel of judges.
December 1, 2017
February 15, 2018
Finalists will pitch at The Odlum Brown FWE Gala before an audience of 600+ business leaders + entrepreneurs. Each of the three Finalists will be paired with a mentor to perfect their pitch before the Finale. The Gala audience will select the winner of the $25K prize for best pitch!
- Anyone and everyone
- Access to our educational webinar ‘How to Pitch for Investment’. Learn the fundamentals of how to create and deliver a killer pitch for investment.
- All applicants to the program
- By entering the Pitch for the Purse program, all applicants will have the opportunity to pitch for feedback in person at either a Mini-Pitch Session or the Semi-Finals.
- Semi Finalists
- Coaching with an industry professional before pitching to a live audience in front of three Judge-Mentors.
- As above plus mentorship from a leader in the finance industry for the months between the Semi-Finals and the Odlum Brown FWE Gala. Entry to FWE’s flagship program E-Series 2018. Pitching to the gala audience for the final prize.
- As above, plus a $25,000 CAD cash prize